The Friend Finder - MapActivity using GPS - PART: I / II

Tutorials that use the MapActivity. Many using GPS functionality.

Simpler GPS Tutorial

Postby java.padawan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:50 pm

java.padawan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby anthony » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:08 am

Hi, plusminus
thank you for your codes, but myLocationManager.getLastKnownLocation(LocationManager.GPS_PROVIDER);
return null in my emulator. I have enabled the GPS in simulator and I mannually inserted lat and lon data by geo fix, but the logCat didn't report any message about the location data i inderted.
do you know the reason?
anthony
Freshman
Freshman

Postby wouter88 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Hey,

Can you update this project to the latest SDK 1.1 please!
I got a lot of errors and missing classes when I want to create this project!

Thank you
wouter88
Freshman
Freshman

errors

Postby Zizou-CA » Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run this application with SDK 1.1 and I get a lot of errors is there any link to see the difference between the 2 versions cause I d'ont think it's a good idea that I ask about each error (55 errors :oops: )
Zizou-CA
Freshman
Freshman

Sorry

Postby Zizou-CA » Wed May 13, 2009 12:59 am

Sorry guys,

I didn't see the SDK 1.0 verison at the beginning, I managed to run the application, I can see "ME" but the map show up as a grey grid no map at all, I have set my GEO position and set the API key.
Thanx
Zizou-CA
Freshman
Freshman

Database

Postby hany » Tue May 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Sorry for the distrubing you.

Sir , i am new to android.

I attached one zip file ,

in my application , store image , name , age and study into sqlite database .
then retrive the data from database and show in listview
i use viewbinder for image display but it will not work.
i can't understand what happen in that .

please currect my code and sendme .

i am using Android 1.5 and minSdkVersion 3 .

Thank you sir .
Attachments
persondata.rar
(32.45 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
hany
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: The Friend Finder - MapActivity using GPS - PART: I / II

Postby Dliswa » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Hey Plusminus

How can we send SMS from Emulator A to Emulator B such that when Emulator B receive a Text message (After the Permission is Granted to emulator B) then Emulator B gets its GPS Coordinates and send it As a SMS in Respond to Emulator A.
Dliswa
Developer
Developer

Postby frown91 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 am

can you give some guide to run it under sdk 2??....

thanks
frown91
Freshman
Freshman

Postby marjan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:47 pm

hi, i have a question. In my android library there isn't com.google.android.maps.OverlayController class. where can i find it? thank
Last edited by marjan on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
marjan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby apil20 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks for this great tutorial!!Also found this http://www.enterra-inc.com/techzone/gps ... n-android/ - dwells on the same topic, quite informative,too
apil20
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby einstein007 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:37 am

good job but i wonder how can we find our friends in real time it means we locate them witth their phone gps please help it's killin me
einstein007
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Previous

Return to Map Tutorials