OpenStreetMap MapView for Android

Tutorials that use the MapActivity. Many using GPS functionality.

Re: OpenStreetMap MapView for Android

Postby tingu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:47 am

Hi plusminus, Which API jar you are using?
I didnt find few classes n methods in my jar, osmdroid-android-3.0.1.jar.
Please specify the API version.

And in your post on "Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 am", the OPenStreetMapView object has getOverlays() method, where we can not add SimpleLocationOverLay objects. But how your program is running?
I am trying the same, but getting bugged that that object I cant add in that List.
Please help me out.
tingu
Freshman
Freshman

Postby tingu » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi all,
Still I am not able to add Overlay and items on Overlay in OSMdroid.
Please help me out.

I am using osmdroid-android.3.0.1.jar, it doesnot contain OpenStreetMapView class. It has only MapView class.
Please give me some sample code to add an overlay on it.

Thanks,
Kishore
tingu
Freshman
Freshman

Postby sorer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 pm

sorer
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby whitetiger » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:06 am

Ulathar you are right...OSM tutorials are extremely rare on internet...i had to search for 3 days just to launch a simple mapview of OSM...Nicholas and Neil's wikis are the few rare ones...however..beginners might have trouble digesting the contents of that wiki...i would suggest step by step tutorials which are in thousands for google maps on the web. the best so far for me on HelloOSM is the one from sorer...next page (5)
whitetiger
Freshman
Freshman

Postby whitetiger » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 am

thx..sorer..for a good tutorial : map-tutorials-f18/openstreetmap-mapview-for-android-t2967-60.html#p92118
whitetiger
Freshman
Freshman

Postby whitetiger » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:52 pm

can any1 make a step by step tutorial on how to show a marker on OSM with the retrieved GPS position (using OSMDROID libraries) ?
whitetiger
Freshman
Freshman

Postby syndacate » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello everybody!!!! I'm new here!!

I have a question for you. Can I use my own layer (for example a png file representing a particular area) with osmdroid.

What I want to do is apply on openstreetmap my png. It has to be anchored even if I zoom in or out (if i zoom in, also my png will be zoomed in).
Is this thing possible? If the zooming part is not possible, is possible however use my png on openstreetmap?
syndacate
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby ivan_zd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi everybody

I have question about using osmdroid in my application. What I need to have in my application is navigation. So first I tought that i could just call MapActivity of osmdroid from my own application with Intent but then I realized that navigation parameters are not sending through intent argument but through OsmandSettings class whitch has static metods so my idea obviously wont work :( ....

So if anyone has idea how to use just navigation ability from osmdroid in my class i'll be very gratefull !! :wink: I hope there is a solution witch avoid copying every related classes and stuff to my project from osmdroid.
My app is for college seminar and it's bit urgent so please answer if you know.

Thanks!!!
-.-
ivan_zd
Freshman
Freshman

Postby DonAndreos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello to everyone!

I have few questions in my mind about using OpenStreetMaps on Android and especially on navigation part. I saw that in your forum, it can be found much more information about openstreetmaps and how it can be used in android's applications.
So i have a project for my final thesis which i should finish and apply the navigation on a electrical vehicle which should take date of the terrain ( like longitude, latitude and altitude) as well considering the traffic condition on road map. I'm trying to reduce to minimum the re-writing of the code which is written already for the googlemaps (but obviously google stop the free acces to googlenav lib.)
My question is how, because i didn't found any specific information, can use openstreetmap using the data base of googlemaps without to change the whole google part.
If someone can help me or guide me how to use openstreetmap for that purpose and using as well the satelite and 3D function, i'll be really gratful!
I thank you in andvance.
Best regards,
Andrey
DonAndreos
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: please help.......

Postby ratna » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 am

i want to find my own location and nearby restaurant using open street map and android.i can find my location using google map.But i don't know how can i use osm.Please tell me how can i do that.
ratna
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:51 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby anniedulce » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi is there any tool is for multiplier locations distance finding in Google maps
Rizecorp Android Development, Android Mobile Apps
anniedulce
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Previous

Return to Map Tutorials