How-to: Play Amazon Instant video on Microsoft Surface 2

Tutorials that use the MapActivity. Many using GPS functionality.

How-to: Play Amazon Instant video on Microsoft Surface 2

Postby smallfish5534 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 am

“I recently downloaded some wmv format videos from Amazon and they work well on their Amazon Unbox they supplied me, but I’d like to transfer wmv video to a Surface 2 tablet so I can watch them on the big screen. I’ve tried many different programs but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated”.

As we know, videos, TV shows, movies, etc. purchased or download from Amazon Instant Video are protected by DRM and can’t play on non-specified players. Unluckily, Microsoft Surface 2 is one of them. Meanwhile, WMV is not a format supported by Surface 2 (It prefers MP4). That means, to play Amazon video on Surface 2, you’ll need to both remove DRM protection from Amazon videos and at the same time convert WMV to Surface 2compatible MP4.

To play amazon wmv on Surface 2, a DRM removal and a video converter are needed. To make it simpler, you can get an all-in-one DRM removal and converter. Here Amazon DRM removal program is highly recommended as the best tool to help you strip DRM from Amazon purchased WMV videos and convert them to MP4 for Surface 2. In addition, it can also remove DRM from M4V, M4B, M4P, WMA, ASF and AA/AAX. Now download it and follow the guide below to watch Amazon video on Surface 2.

Free download WMV to Surface Converter:

How to put WMV videos on Surface 2 for smooth playback

Step1. Add Amazon WMV Video

Download and install this DRM converter. You can either click “Add…” or drag & drop to add your downloaded Amazon wmv video to the program. Note that when converting Amazon WMV to Surface 2, make sure you have installed Windows Media Player and your Amazon videos play well in Windows Media Player. Otherwise, the conversion may fail.

Step2. Choose output format

As has been mentioned above, Microsoft Surface 2 supports MP4 videos. Here click Video files to and select HD MP4 from HD Video to get H.264 MP4 files for Surface 2. As you can see, there are lots of other video formats for your choice. if you like, you can then click “Settings” to adjust the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc.

Step3. Start to convert protected Amazon videos

When all settings are done, click Start to begin removing DRM protection from Amazon WMV and convert WMV to MP4. After the conversion, click Fine Target to get the converted DRM-free videos directly. Then transfer them to your Surface 2. Just enjoy the movies.
smallfish5534
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Map Tutorials