Woods looks to improve record at Sawgrass

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Woods looks to improve record at Sawgrass

Postby Angelbabysister » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:31 am

Tiger Woods will attempt to win The Players Championship for only the second time in his career this weekend when he heads a star-studded field at TPC Sawgrass.

For some reason or another, the Florida track that plays host to the unofficial fifth major of the year, cheap golf clubs has heralded just one win from 15 starts for the 14-time major champion courtesy of a one-shot victory over Vijay Singh in 2001.

"It's one of those courses where they've got some tough lines and if you're not playing well, you're going to get exposed," said Woods.

"You have to drive the ball really well and then on top of that now that it's gone to Bermuda these greens have gotten a lot more fiery. taylormade r11s driver You miss these greens at all, you’ve got some of the weirdest, funky little shots that you’ll ever face.

"Some of the holes suit my eye, some don't, but a lot of it is based on wind, what direction it's coming from and what shape I'm hitting well at the moment," Woods said. "Some days I'm drawing the ball better, some days I’m cutting the ball better.

"Some of the years I've driven it well and not hit my irons well, ping g20 driver and other years I've hit the ball great and not putted well, and other years I drove it awful and didn't score well."

Having won three times on the PGA Tour already this year, Woods will try to regain the title from defending champion Matt Kuchar.

Kuchar has shown good form this season winning the Matchplay Championship in February and the Florida-native has already racked up three top-ten finishes.

TPC Sawgraass has one of the most feared holes in golf - the 132-yard par-3 17th with a 78-foot island green and front bunker thrown in for good measure. ap2 712 irons Angelo Spagnola amassed the worst ever score on the hole and Woods seems to know how to avoid the water which must be teeming with Pro V1s.
Angelbabysister
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Map Problems