trying friendfinder

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Postby zsimplicityz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:11 am

Manage to solve it .

Download googleEarth.
Search for a place/country that you like.
Save route as kml (no other extension)
Run the emulator with any program
Click on DDMS in the top right corner ans select the file explorer
Open the folder data/misc/location/gps
Drag the kml file in there
Restart emulator to see

To +/- ,
though I manage to place the Me location on Singapore , upon running the programming , the emulator still show North America as default .
I've to manually click on the emulator screen and drag left to the Singapore location.
My question is ..

a) Is it always as default that the map will show North America from the start ?
b) If it's not , upon running the emulator , how do I have a zoom-in view as default of Singapore map ?
c) M3 version has the Notes column as for M5 , it doesn't have such function how do I go about solving it ?

Thanks in advance
zsimplicityz
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby plusminus » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:05 pm

zsimplicityz wrote:a) Is it always as default that the map will show North America from the start ?
b) If it's not , upon running the emulator , how do I have a zoom-in view as default of Singapore map ?
c) M3 version has the Notes column as for M5 , it doesn't have such function how do I go about solving it ?

a.) Never checked it ^^, but centering and zooming to a place you like is just 2 lines of code.
b.)
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1. // "mp" is a MapPoint
  3. this.mMapView.getController().centerMapTo(new Point(mp.getLatitude(), mp.getLongitude()), false);
  5. this.mMapView.getController().zoomTo(15); // Higher number is closer (every increment results in doubled size)
Parsed in 0.030 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

c.) There is another table that takes addresses/locations for all the contacts but if I remember right it is not yet functional :(

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zsimplicityz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:43 am

plusminus wrote:
zsimplicityz wrote:c.) There is another table that takes addresses/locations for all the contacts but if I remember right it is not yet functional :(

Regards,
plusminus

So does it means that the friendfinder project you created is basically useless on M5 ?
:(
if it's not , currently what can I do to make it functional to retrieve the location for all the contacts ?
zsimplicityz
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Previous

Return to Map Problems