Possible Problem with Manifest Preventing Maps from Working

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Possible Problem with Manifest Preventing Maps from Working

Postby Doe22 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:22 am

Hello.

I'm trying to set up a pretty simple map application and I"m having some trouble. All the code looks fine to me, but when I try to run it I have problems. The app starts on just a menu page, so I click on the button to start the MapActivity and I get an error message saying the application has stopped unexpectedly.

I think the issue might be with the Android Manifest. When I look at the console in Eclipse I see a Class Not Found Exception. I'm doing this mainly by adapting stuff from a book, and the book said I'd get this exception if I don't include <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" /> in the manifest. However, I did include it just as I have in some other apps that worked. I'm wondering if for some reason that's just not going through or if I'm missing out on something else.

Please let me know if you have any ideas as to why this is happening. Or if you need more info please ask too.

Thank you very much.
Doe22
Freshman
Freshman

Fixed It

Postby Doe22 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 am

Well, I'm an idiot. I left out the 's' in maps in my layout file. Now that I put it in it's working. Sorry to bother you guys.
Doe22
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Map Problems