[Best Solution] Play MKV Videos on Kindle Fire HD Smoothly

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Postby smallfish5534 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:33 pm

With a beautiful screen, refined interface, and huge coffer of media consumption options the Amazon Kindle Fire HD is the Kindle Fire as it should have been. However, Kindle Fire HD only supports mp4, avi video formats. The format limitation causes we can’t make full use of its stunning color screen. Really a pity! Though mp4 is a common format, not all the movies we have with this format. For myself, i also have a large number of mkv videos. i once tried to put my mkv movies on Kindle Fire for playing, but no lucky.

The MKV is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Anyway, this format can’t be played well by Kindle Fire HD. Wanna watch MKV videos on Kindle Fire HD? And haven’t found out an available way to make it? Don’t worry, the following article i will share you my own solution to make MKV videos playing on kindle fire hd.

To convert MKV video to Kindle Fire HD, an MKV to Kindle fire HD Converter is necessary. If you are a beginner, you may be confused about this, such converter is an app that can help us converting one format to another we need. For kindle fire hd, we just need converting mkv to h,264 mp4, this format is friendly with Kindle Fire HD and supplies pretty good video viewing experience. Here i use MKV to Kindle fire HD Converter to show you how to use such 3rd party tool.

Free download MKV to Kindle fire HD Converter, install and run it.

Simple Guide: How to play mkv video on Kindle fire HD

Step 1. Download and Run MKV to Kindle fire HD Converter and click “Add Video” to add your mkv video files.

Step 2. Choose Kindle fire formats. Since you have installed the patch, this step is rather simple. Just Click on “Format”, located in “Android” category, then you can easily find the “Amazon Kindle Fire H.264 (*.mp4)”, just select it.

Step 3. By Clicking “Settings”, you will open a “profile settings” window. As follows, you can adjust some parameters to get the video quality you want. But you should know, higher quality with bigger size, Please pay attention to the storage space of your kindle fire hd.

Tips: You can edit videos to get the effect you want and.this tool supplies some editing functions, such as crop, trim, replace audio, remove interlace, add water mark etc. If you need, just click “Image” button. You will find a editing bar like this:

Step 4. Click the “Convert” button, begin to convert mkv videos for Kindle fire HD. When the conversion is done, click “Open” to locate the videos and transfer them to your Kindle fire HD with ease!
smallfish5534
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Map Problems