Maps show in emulator but not on phone

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Maps show in emulator but not on phone

Postby ghaz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 am

Wondering if anyone can help me with this one. After much effort I've finally managed to get an API key linked to my debug. And now my application successfully displays the mapview in the emulator. I send it some hard-coded co-ordinates and the map navigates to the correxct location.

But when I sign it and upload it to my phone I just get the grey grid with no map displaying, does anyone have any idea why this might be? Or can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)

Ghaz
ghaz
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Maps show in emulator but not on phone

Postby jonbonazza » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm

You need to register a map key with the keystore you wish to use. If you are debugging the app on your phone using ddms, then you will need to create a debug map key using the debug keystore.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby ghaz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Cheers for your help dude.The API key I have created is linked to the default debug keystore, but when I sign my app to put it on my phone the key I use is located elsewhere.

Do I need to create a map API key from where my app key is located? Its all got me very confused :(

So if this is correct it works in the emulator because my API key is registered to the debug keystore, but it doesnt work on my phone because the key I use there is in a different location so would need a different API key?

Lol sorry for sounding like a complete n00b
ghaz
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ghaz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Never mind sorted it, you can not have spaces in the path of wherever your keystore is located.
ghaz
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Map Problems