Maps,MapView,GPS How To?

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Maps,MapView,GPS How To?

Postby michang05 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:37 am

Hi guys , just new in this forum but since i started doing apps in Android i always monitor things here, the not so good thing about is the sdk i started looking here it was old and im using 1.0 now so its really a struggle to understand everything to know the usage of each, anyway still a BIG help for me and others, now im doing an app that needs to use the Google Maps Api ofcourse MapView and eventually GPS, right now i tried to make a GeoPoint of the Statue of liberty but then i just wanted to move the MapView from left-right and up-down how am i going to do that? is it the scrollBy? what to put in x and in y? another thing is ,a newbie question what is Overlays in MapView? how do you use them what for?
just need to fill in the Jargons eheh,

thanks guys im coding now
Everybody Lies!
michang05
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby haden » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 am

I didn't understand what you are trying to do when you said
"right now i tried to make a GeoPoint of the Statue of liberty but then i just wanted to move the MapView from left-right and up-down how am i going to do that?"

Overlay is when you want to display additional items on your maps. It acts like a layer on top of. You can add in those pins like how you see Google maps identifying a place.
haden
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Thanks

Postby michang05 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:00 am

oops sorry for the confusing question i made, yes overlay, how do i implement for example a single pin to a location in the map? and how do i put a text inside that pin if the user clicks it? or in an easy way how do i click a location in the mapView and then it will tell me its lat/longitude (i think this counts in the previous questions) anyway if someone can show me some examples how to do these it's well appreciated, thanks!

PS:Im using the latest SDK 1.0 and its difficult to follow some resources over the net because its not compatible with the new one, and the books available are also using old sdk, too bad! hope to Google and the community will update things out!
Everybody Lies!
michang05
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Map Problems