Map Application not Reseting

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Map Application not Reseting

Postby duo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:56 am

This is probably the specified behavior of a MapView, but if I launch an activity with a MapView then return to it later (meaning finish has been called and a new MapView is created in a new Activity), the MapView has the settings of the previous activity that finish was already called on (zoom, location).

Is this the expected behavior of a MapView? Is there some way to make it reset? Or do I need to just set the zoom, location to make it look like a brand new MapView (zoomed out view roughly centered on the United States)?

Thanks
duo
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Bruce.lntu » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:51 am

Hi duo,
see http://www.anddev.org/basic_map-application-t24.htmlpls

this is a tutorial of map application

Regards
Bruce
Bruce.lntu
Developer
Developer

Re: Map Application not Reseting

Postby plusminus » Fri May 23, 2008 9:48 am

duo wrote:This is probably the specified behavior of a MapView, but if I launch an activity with a MapView then return to it later (meaning finish has been called and a new MapView is created in a new Activity), the MapView has the settings of the previous activity that finish was already called on (zoom, location).

Is this the expected behavior of a MapView? Is there some way to make it reset? Or do I need to just set the zoom, location to make it look like a brand new MapView (zoomed out view roughly centered on the United States)?

Thanks

Hi duo,

yes with me Zoom and Center also sometimes remain even if finish() is called.
Imo the expected behaviour is a completely clean MapView, but sometimes this "bug" can even tiny bit be helpful. ;)

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Map Problems