java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: provider=network

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Postby hauben » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:16 am

Hello!

I'm using the development board i.MX51 (Babbage Board) from FreeScale with Android 1.6.
I now tried to run Google Search by Voice which I was able to install on the board but after starting I get
"Connection problem". I looked the LogCat trace and I have seen the following exception:

Code: Select all
at com.android.server.LocationManagerService.requestLocationUpdatesLocked(LocationManagerService.java:964)
at com.android.server.LocationManagerService.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManagerService.java:934)
at android.location.ILocationManager$Stub.onTransact(ILocationManager.java:89)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:287)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

In the code of the LocationManagerServer class of the i.MX51 Android Source tree
Code: Select all

LocationProviderProxy proxy = mProvidersByName.get(provider);
        if (proxy == null) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("provider=" + provider);
        }

I can see that the check for a "Network Location Provider" has failed. This is the reason of the exception. I tried to install the APK NetworkLocation.apk on the board which I think which may can have an implementation of such a LocationProvider "Network" but I get only
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE]
I checked the file tree of the board and there is no NetworkLocation.apk installed on (on a G1 it lays under /system/apps).

I do not need the LocationProvider Network feature at all. So is it somehow possible to get a Dummy Network Provider into the system so that I can keep on going to work with Google VoiceSearch?

Any tips are welcome ...

Thanks
Frank
hauben
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Map Problems