Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Info window in an overlay map

Info window in an overlay map

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Info window in an overlay map

Postby j4ck » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to put some text in an info window in an overlay above a MapView as the next image show.
I put the text but if the string is too long, this text don't change the line and it's written out of the window.

Somebody knows what can I do? I use this function: canvas.drawRoundRect(); but I can't put a title and a comment as the image, only a short text.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad English

Regard
Attachments
imagen.JPG
imagen.JPG (66.49 KiB) Viewed 841 times
j4ck
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mistapony » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:34 pm

I am wondering how to do a similiar thing. Can anyone point out the best way to do this?

Thanks.
mistapony
Freshman
Freshman

Postby bavarol » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi,
a question, what do you want to show?
If only text, it should be enough with a showAlert method you could also try with a popup window or dialog if you want to show a picture within.

Like this

I did that with a Dialog, it's an old image(Now I show a half little window and other colors), I wanted to show the info of a saved Point with its coordinates, description and an associated picture.

I hope I could help you ;)
bavarol
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby cassianotartari » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:17 pm

bavarol wrote:Hi,
a question, what do you want to show?
If only text, it should be enough with a showAlert method you could also try with a popup window or dialog if you want to show a picture within.

Like this

I did that with a Dialog, it's an old image(Now I show a half little window and other colors), I wanted to show the info of a saved Point with its coordinates, description and an associated picture.

I hope I could help you ;)

Can you show how ?
public class pessoa {
private String nome = "Cassiano Tartari";
private String url = "www.cassianotartari.eng.br"
}
cassianotartari
Developer
Developer

Postby bavarol » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  3. private void showDialog(String description, String picture_path, int latitude, int longitude){
  9.                     dia = new Dialog(tourActivity); // <- You can also write this instead of tourActivity
  11.                                                                  // That's my MapActivity
  15.                     View contentView = tourActivity.getViewInflate().inflate(R.layout.info,null,null);
  25.                 ImageView pictureView = (ImageView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.picture);
  27.                 Bitmap myPic = BitmapFactory.decode(picture_path);
  31.                 // Take care of this code, I develop my programm under m3rc22a cause of prerequisites of my project
  33.                 // Some Pictures of my SD Card were sometimes reset, you should control that
  35.                 myPic.width();
  37.                 myPic.height();
  45.                     TextView descriptionView = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.descriptionString);
  47.                         descriptionView.setText(description);
  55.                         TextView latitudeView = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.latitudeString);
  57.                         latitudeView.setText((Integer.valueOf(latitude)).toString());
  65.                         TextView longitudeView = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.longitudeString);
  67.                         longitudeView.setText((Integer.valueOf(latitude)).toString());
  75.                         dia.setContentView(contentView);
  77.                     dia.setTitle("Touristic Info");
  83.                     dia.show();
  89.           }
  91.     }
Parsed in 0.022 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

And the last and not less important, you should check whether you show such one Dialog, with PopupWindow Object is easy, you have a method called "isShowing()" and you must dismiss this dialog explicit with the method dismiss of Class Dialog and I had to force with an assignment to null the variable "dia" in order to simulate the behaviour of a right PopuWindow.

XML LAyout
Using xml Syntax Highlighting
  1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  3. <LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  5.    android:orientation="vertical"
  7.    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
  9.    android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  11.    >
  15.     <ImageView id="@+id/picture"      
  17.      android:layout_width="wrap_content"
  19.      android:layout_height="wrap_content"
  21.      android:layout_weight="1" />
  25.    <TextView  id="@+id/descriptionString"
  27.      android:layout_width="wrap_content"
  29.      android:layout_height="wrap_content"
  31.      android:text="Description: "
  33.   />
  35.    <TextView  id="@+id/latitudeString"
  37.      android:layout_width="wrap_content"
  39.      android:layout_height="wrap_content"
  41.      android:text="Latitude: "
  43.   />
  45.    <TextView  id="@+id/longitudeString"
  47.      android:layout_width="wrap_content"
  49.      android:layout_height="wrap_content"
  51.      android:text="Longitude: "
  53.   />
  57. </LinearLayout>
Parsed in 0.002 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

Regards

p.s. I show this Dialog when I run close (i.e. "x" mts) to a Touristic Point (Coordinates+Picture+Description)
bavarol
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby cassianotartari » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Thank's work fine. But when I try to attach a button(s) doesn't work the listener off the button.

1. caixaDialog = new Caixa(mapaActivity);
  3.                                 View contentView = mapaActivity.getViewInflate().inflate(R.layout.janela_mapa,null,null);
  7.                                 TextView descricao = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.descricao_textview);
  9.                                 descricao.setText(geoPontoSelelecionado.getDescricao());
  13.                                 TextView latitude = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.latitude_textview);
  15.                                 latitude.setText(("Latitude: "+Integer.toString(geoPontoSelelecionado.getLatitude())));
  19.                                 TextView longitude = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.longitude_textview);
  21.                                 longitude.setText(("Longitude: "+Integer.toString(geoPontoSelelecionado.getLongitude())));
  25.                                 TextView categoria = (TextView) contentView.findViewById(R.id.categoria_textview);
  27.                                 categoria.setText(("Categoria: "+geoPontoSelelecionado.getCategoriaDsc()));
  31.                                 Button fecharButton = (Button) contentView.findViewById(R.id.fechar_button);
  33.                                 fecharButton.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
  35.                                         @Override
  37.                                         public void onClick(View arg0) {
  39.                                                 fecharJanela();
  41.                                         }
  43.                                 });
  47.                                 caixaDialog.setContentView(contentView);
  51.                                 caixaDialog.setTitle(geoPontoSelelecionado.getTitulo());
  55.                                 caixaDialog.show();
Parsed in 0.013 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

My idea is in the future add more buttons to this Dialog.

How I can add the listeners off these buttons?
public class pessoa {
}
cassianotartari
Developer
Developer

Postby bavarol » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Can you post, your exception protocol?
I could help you so.

Try to debug with Log.i under each of sentence, and check whether a variable is null.

I suppose, your class "Caixa" extends Dialog, I hope it
bavarol
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby cassianotartari » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:17 pm

I find my stupid error. I think that was because of the many hours programming.

When I extends the Dialog:
  2.          private class Caixa extends Dialog {
  4.                 public Caixa(Context context) {
  6.                         super(context);
  8.                 }
  10.                 @Override
  12.                  public boolean dispatchTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) { //<--- here is my Error !
  14.                         fecharJanela();//dismiss the dialog and invalidate my overlay
  16.                         return false;
  20.                 }
  22.         }
Parsed in 0.011 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

It is possible to in the method dispatchTouchEvent know if the touch was in out side of the Dialog ? I'd like to close the Dialog when occurs this.

Thanks !
public class pessoa {
}
cassianotartari
Developer
Developer

Postby bavarol » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:39 pm

cassianotartari wrote:I find my stupid error. I think that was because of the many hours programming.

When I extends the Dialog:
  1.          private class Caixa extends Dialog {
  2.                 public Caixa(Context context) {
  3.                         super(context);
  4.                 }
  5.                 @Override
  6.                  public boolean dispatchTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) { //<--- here is my Error !
  7.                         fecharJanela();//dismiss the dialog and invalidate my overlay
  8.                         return false;
  10.                 }
  11.         }
Parsed in 0.011 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

It is possible to in the method dispatchTouchEvent know if the touch was in out side of the Dialog ? I'd like to close the Dialog when occurs this.

Thanks !

Hi cassiano,
I suppose "fechar janela" is "close window" , I'm spaniard and "fechar" is an old way to say "cerrar" ;)

Ok, what do you want really? Why do you want to override dispatchTouchEvent? Do you want to close the Dialog if you touch the dialog or only by clicking a button?

As I know, you can use the pen over the screen on a button and it reacts normally but if you desire another behaviour, then you can override that methode of course, then the answer is yes, you can know whether a dialog was "touched" but I don't see the final reason very well but it's your programm ;).

I can't help you anymore, I'm not familiar with the m5 or 0,9 (I develop my app under m3rc22a) apis of Dialog Class, I must see each time I develop something "blank" apis of all of classes in Eclipse, also, by clicking the .jar file and by navigating over directory tree :D

So sad is my story :D

cordiais saudações

Bavarol
bavarol
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby cassianotartari » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:58 pm

As I know, you can use the pen over the screen on a button and it reacts normally but if you desire another behaviour, then you can override that methode of course, then the answer is yes, you can know whether a dialog was "touched" but I don't see the final reason very well but it's your programm Wink.

The idea is accessibility, as well as the close(fecharJanela) button, I would like to click outside the Dialog and close it too.

I'm using M5.

bavarol, is very good to know that I am talking to a person intelligent, which is located across the world :)
public class pessoa {
}
cassianotartari
Developer
Developer

Return to Map Problems