Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - how to remove overlay on map

how to remove overlay on map

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

how to remove overlay on map

Postby xiaodar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 am

i'm developing this map application that each time i select a point on the map and press the mark button, it will mark the location of where i select. However when i select another location and press the mark button again. Yes it does mark the new location.BUT the first marked point is still shown on the map. i want it to remove the first marked point and mark the new marked point.
can any1 help me? thanks glady appreaciated
this is my on click listener button below

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1.   btnMark.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
  3.                         public void onClick(View v) {
  4.                                  GeoPoint point8 = new GeoPoint(Latzx,Lonzx);
  6.                                 OverlayItem overlayitem8 = new OverlayItem(point8, "test15", "test16");
  7.                                 itemizedOverlay2.addOverlay(overlayitem8);
  8.                                 mapView.getOverlays().add(itemizedOverlay2);
  9.                         }
  10.                 });    
  12.     }
Parsed in 0.011 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4
xiaodar
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: how to remove overlay on map

Postby nicholas.hauschild » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:41 pm

I believe that you can do this by clearing your itemizedOverlay2 before you add the new OverlayItem to it. BUT!, in the process of removing it, I think you will also need to call something like setLastIndex(-1) or something (I forget what it is, but it should be easy to find with a Google search)
nicholas.hauschild
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby xiaodar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 am

nicholas.hauschild wrote:I believe that you can do this by clearing your itemizedOverlay2 before you add the new OverlayItem to it. BUT!, in the process of removing it, I think you will also need to call something like setLastIndex(-1) or something (I forget what it is, but it should be easy to find with a Google search)

ok thank you i'll check it out on google
thanks mate
xiaodar
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby endhck » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

At the top of your click method, you can add this line:
mapView.getOverlays().clear();
So, firstly all overlay items are removed and then you can add new one.
endhck
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Map Problems