How to MTS and Apple ProRes?

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

How to MTS and Apple ProRes?

Postby 99sanni » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am

Apple ProRes is Apple's professional video codec. It can be used in post production that supports up to 4k. It is the successor of the Apple Intermediate Codec and was introduced with Final Cut Studio 2.

MTS and M2TS are both file extensions for the high definition digital video camera recorder format, AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition). AVCHD was jointly established by Sony Corporation and Panasonic Corporation in 2006 for use in their digital tapeless camcorders.

Though both MTS and M2TS are file extensions for the same AVCHD and both support 720p and 1080i HD video formats, there is a slight difference between the two. In the M2TS file, the video file is saved in the high definition Blue-ray BDAV format. Video data on the Blue-ray discs can be saved in one of the three video codecs – MPEG2 Part 2, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, or SMPTE VC-1; and the audio data in Dolby digital, DTS, or the uncompressed Linear PCM.

“Can anyone recommend a good app to convert MTS to ProRes. The client that I am working with unfortunately didn't understand how to organize their footage. Basically I have just been given one humongous folder with .mts files. The Private folders and structures are gone.”

MTS video usually recorded by Sony, Panasonic, Canon and some other cameras and camcorders, to convert Sony/Panasonic/Canon MTS to Apple ProRes with best video and audio quality, you will need a top MTS to Apple ProRes converter, with this MTS to ProRes app software, you can convert any MTS and other HD files to Apple ProRes codec perfectly.

Follow the easy steps below to convert MTS to Apple ProRes.
1. Free download and install MTS to Apple ProRes Converter Mac, drag and drop your Sony, Canon, Panasonic and devices’ MTS video footages to this best Apple ProRes converter.
2. Choose output format, please click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is best codec for FCP.
3. You can click settings button to adjust output parameters in this MTS to ProRes converter. Adjust the resolution, bitrates as you want.
4. Click convert button to convert MTS to Apple ProRes 422 codec.

This AVCHD to ProRes converter will convert MTS files immediately, with this ProRes converter, you can easily convert Sony MTS to Apple ProRes, convert Panasonic MTS to Apple ProRes, convert Canon MTS to Apple ProRes, etc. After you convert MTS to ProRes codec on Mac, you can import the 1080p footages to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 for editing natively.

“I have some footages in MTS video format, now I want to import MTS to FCP for editing on Mac, after I tried this MTS to ProRes tools, it success converted MTS to Apple ProRes codec for FCP X native editing, tks so much!”
99sanni
Developer
Developer

Return to Map Problems