Guide me to a point !

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Guide me to a point !

Postby antonioxerez » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:32 am

Hi again good people !

I have another and easiest question today ! It is about "navigation" on google maps but not exactly.
Foremost, i have to say that i read the point 8.7 on the disclaimer you have to accept when you get the api key. It's the next:
Under this Section 8,you must not (nor may you permit anyone else to):
8.1 ...
8.7. use the Service or Content with any products, systems, or applications for or in
connection with (a) real time navigation or route guidance based on position
input from a sensor
(including but not limited to any visual or audible turn-byturn
route guidance); or (b) any systems or functions for automatic or
autonomous control of vehicle behavior; or ...

I don't know (My english is not so good, and my legal english is very poor) if it makes referente to what im going to explain here:
In my App, i know where i am cause the GPS cell, and in the map there are about 10 points geolocated. I want my app, at certain time, gives me instructions about how to get at one of these points, like "Go straigth ahead about 100 meters, then turn right..."
I don't wanna do a GPS Navigator, relax Google, in fact, my app is thought to people who walks, no for people who drives at their cars.

what do u think?is there a method with a name like "navigateTo(GeoPoint)" o something like that? or are u thinking more in "WTF??Haven't u read the disclaimer?it clearly says that u can't use Google Maps to [i]route guidance[\i]"
Thank u gentleman !
antonioxerez
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Map Problems