Gray grid on the screen instead of Map. I have API key

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Gray grid on the screen instead of Map. I have API key

Postby gabor55 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Hello!
After I start my android application Google Map doesn't work. I've got API key from google, this key is written here: android:apiKey="My API KEY'
In the LogCat I've found this error : Couldn't get connection factory client.

I've tried two different API keys, but none of them worked.

I'm using Google API Level 8 (I've tried API level 9,too)and emulator in the Eclipse.

What did I wrong?
gabor55
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Gray grid on the screen instead of Map. I have API key

Postby BlakeJ » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 am

BlakeJ
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Gray grid on the screen instead of Map. I have API key

Postby jgenius07 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 am

The above link will definitely help.

Locate the debug.keystore by searching for it in the windows start button. start->type debug.keystore-> right click on search result-> open location->copy the location from address bar and use it for the
|
\/
keytool.exe -list -alias androiddebugkey -keystore "C:\android\debug.keystore" -storepass android -keypass android

If somehow it fails the generate your own keystore file which is normally used for releasing your application for android devices...

TRY THIS
"
You have a default debug keystore automatically. For release, you need to generate your own private keystore first with something like:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias release_alias -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Once you've chosen and entered all the passwords (make a note of them!) you've generated a new MD5 (different from the debug one)

To view it:

keytool -list -alias release_alias -keystore c:\YOUR PATH TO IT\my-release-key.keystore

gives:

release_alias, 08-Sep-2010, PrivateKeyEntry, Certificate fingerprint (MD5): CE:xx:xx:xx etc....

If you use Google maps then you need a new API key for this. Repeat the process you did to generate the one for the debug MD5 but enter the new MD5

Hope this helps"
-from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3781 ... w-keystore
jgenius07
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Map Problems