Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Google maps not up to date?

Google maps not up to date?

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Google maps not up to date?

Postby maverick1989 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

So I am getting some of the maps to display with my application, but that is the problem - only SOME of the maps are displaying correctly. Many places show me a screen that says "We do not have imagery for this area", or it just shows a blank screen. I have gotten some places in central Asia (Mongolia, western China etc) to show up and many places in the African deserts. Also the open oceans. One thing I realized is that none of the places that worked had any buildings or habitation in them. Although this seems unlikely, I think it has something to do with the maps of some locations not showing up. I have given my code below. Any help will be appreciated
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1.                 super.onStart();    
  2.                 LocationManager lm = (LocationManager) getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE);     //Allows access to the System Services. Services allow applications to periodically update current location
  3.                 lm.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.GPS_PROVIDER, 1000, 1, (LocationListener) this);   //Registers the current activity to be notified periodically by the named provider
  4.                 Location location = lm.getLastKnownLocation(LocationManager.GPS_PROVIDER);     //Returns a Location indicating the data from the last known location fix obtained from the given provider.
  5.                 // Note the order of statements above. Très important!
  6.                 Longitude = location.getLongitude();   //Call getLongitude on object location and store the longitude value into the variable "longitude"
  7.                     Latitude = location.getLatitude();    //Call getLongitude on object location and store the latitude value into the variable "latitude"
  8.                         ImageView imgview = (ImageView)findViewById(R.id.ImageView01);
  9.                         try
  10.                         {              
  11.                                 Drawable image = drawable_from_url("http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?" +
  12.                                 "center=" + Longitude + "," + Latitude + "&zoom=12&size=512x512&maptype=satellite&sensor=false", "src");
  13.                                 imgview.setImageDrawable(image);
  14.             }
Parsed in 0.014 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using xml Syntax Highlighting
  1. <AbsoluteLayout
  2.                 xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  3.                 android:layout_width="wrap_content"
  4.                 android:layout_height="wrap_content"
  5.                 android:orientation="vertical">
  6.         <ImageView
  7.                 android:id="@+id/ImageView01"
  8.                 android:src="@drawable/purdue"
  9.                 android:layout_width="fill_parent"
  10.                 android:layout_x="0px"
  11.                 android:layout_y="0px"
  12.                 android:layout_height="wrap_content"
  13.                 android:scaleType="fitCenter">
  14.         </ImageView>
  15.         <Button
  16.                 android:text="Back"
  17.                 android:id="@+id/back"
  18.                 android:layout_width="80px"
  19.                 android:layout_x="00px"
  20.                 android:layout_y="400px"
  21.                 android:layout_height="35px">
  22.         </Button>
  23. </AbsoluteLayout>
Parsed in 0.001 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4
maverick1989
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Google maps not up to date?

Postby maverick1989 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Also, if it helps, it was working before I tried getting an API key to use MapView instead. I changed my code back to what it was and it started giving me errors.
maverick1989
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Google maps not up to date?

Postby jonbonazza » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:51 pm

That is very odd... Normally, if it was a key problem, it would ALWAYS show a blank grid... The fact that some areas show correctly and some areas give an error message is just weird!

The first thing I would do is try creating a new keystore and then generating a new API key for that specific keystore.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Map Problems