Final Cut Pro and Sony TF1 AVI files Workflow on Mac
Summary: Follow the guide below you will get the easy way to transcode Sony TF1 AVI to MOV for editing in FCP 6/7/X with ProRes codec.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TF1 Digital Camera is a highly durable compact point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16.1MP 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor for producing high resolution still imagery and HD 720p video. This sensor is benefitted by the inclusion of a 4x optical zoom lens, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-100mm. For shooting in low-lit conditions and when working at longer zoom magnifications, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to counter the effects of camera shake.
[*] Read More: Sony Column | FCP Column
If you have got the TF1 and often use it to record 1080P video, you may have the need to edit Sony TF1 AVI in Final Cut Pro 6/7/X on Mac. The FCP 6/7/X best supported video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, so FCP doesn't support Sony TF1 AVI footages well, you may encountered many problems, like import it slowly, and couldn't edit videos smoothly. The best method to solve these problems is to convert TF1 AVI footage to ProRes for editing in Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, you can follow the steps below to transcode TF1 AVI to FCP 6/7/X for editing.
[*] Read More: Convert AVI/MKV/MP4/M4V/FLV to Apple ProRes codec for FCP editing
1. Download Pavtube Sony AVI to FCP Converter. This professional HD Video Converter can help you convert TF1 AVI files to ProRes 422 MOV format for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, more output formats are also supported.
2. Install and launch this Sony AVI Converter for FCP. Import Sony TF1 AVI footage to the converter.
3. Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
4. You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.
5. Click "Convert" button to start.
Once you have finished the conversion, you can import TF1 720P video files to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X for editing easily, just enjoy yourself.
[*] Cut/Join Sony Cyber-shot W730 H.264 MP4 videos clips for iMovie 11
[*] How to Import Sony 50p/60p AVCHD to FCP X
[*] Importing MPG into Final Cut Pro X with ProRes 422 MOV format
[*] Import Sony Alpha NEX Cameras MTS to FCP 6/7 or FCP X for editing
[*] Merge/Re-wrap Sony DSC-H200 MP4 clips for Sony Vegas, Avid, Pinnacle
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with email@example.com to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.