Driving Directions SDK 1.5

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Driving Directions SDK 1.5

Postby maigner » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi,

i tried to code a tiny navigation system with your tutorial on the driving directions. but i can't find this api's any more. why are these libraries missing in the new sdk?

Can you please help me?

Regards,
Michael
maigner
Freshman
Freshman

Postby WarrenFaith » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Reason: API changes during development.
Yes we can help you, but my crystal ball is missing, so please tell me what your kind of errors do you get....
WarrenFaith

Postby maigner » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.

Ok i'm new to android and my problem is that i tried to mess around with the tutorial on driving directions (google_driving_directions_-_mapview_overlayed-t826.html) and there are many libraries like com.google.googlenav.DrivingDirection are missing.
I didn't find an updated library in the 1.5 SDK that is doing the same - so my question is are there some libaries instead of the old ones in the new sdk or is there no chance to code a simple navi with built in api's from google.

Regards,
Michael
maigner
Freshman
Freshman

Postby padde » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 pm

In the 1.5 SDK developer rom the map stuff from google is missing.. thats part of the change doc
provided with the update.

I guess there is a plugin or something like that coming or you have to build your own developer rom
the emulator uses. Haven't played around with this maps stuff so far.. but it would be realy odd if they
cut it out permanent or without alternate.

Greets
Padde
padde
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Map Problems