Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Determine building your Android device is pointing at

Determine building your Android device is pointing at

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Determine building your Android device is pointing at

Postby ryang1428 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:25 pm

I have a MapView in which I am drawing buildings on using geopoints. Currently, the app determines the closest building to you by just checking your long/lat and comparing to the buildings; but what I want to be able to do is point my device at a building and have that buildings info pop up, even if it isn't the closest building to you.

I have looked up how to accomplish this and I would be using the azimuth direction received from the ORIENTATION sensor listener. I am having trouble using that azimuth direction and determining if it is intercepting one of the buildings on the map.

I have also attempted to calculate the bearing using this formula:
map-tutorials-f18/calculate-distance-and-bearing-t1465.html
between your current location and a building close to you to see if I could solve this problem that way, but I got nowhere.

Would I be using the ORIENTATION or MAGNETIC_FIELD sensor to accomplish this? How would I go about implementing this? Any help appreciated!
ryang1428
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Map Problems