Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Change pushpin in overlay corresponding to touch

Change pushpin in overlay corresponding to touch

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Change pushpin in overlay corresponding to touch

Postby thetuxracer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:14 am

Hi,
I took a look at overlays, but i am facing a problem:
The pin/droid is drawn at the location that is hardcoded. WHat i wish to do. is draw the pin/droid on screen, which was last touched. The SDK doesnt give any examples regarding that. Can you help me?

Thanks!

EDIT
I was able to come up with an idea. from this code I got (from mobiForge). It updates the lat and long in a Toast.

MODIFIED PROBLEM:
ANd I want to draw a pushpin, where I just clicked. What function sould I use for that?

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1. public boolean onTouchEvent(MotionEvent event, MapView mapView){
  3.                 //---when user lifts his finger---
  5.             if (event.getAction() == 1) {                
  7.                 GeoPoint p = mapView.getProjection().fromPixels(
  9.                     (int) event.getX(),
  11.                     (int) event.getY());
  13.                     Toast.makeText(getBaseContext(),
  15.                         p.getLatitudeE6() / 1E6 + "," +
  17.                         p.getLongitudeE6() /1E6 ,
  19.                         Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
  21.             }                            
  23.             return false;
  25.         }        
Parsed in 0.011 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

thetuxracer
Developer
Developer

Postby nicholas.hauschild » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Hello thetuxracer,

It sounds to me like you may be using an object which extends the ItemizedOverlay<T>. If this is the case, you are probably holding a collection of your parameterized type (or perhaps a reference to just a single T).

Anyways, on your onTouchEvent, you probably want to do something like this:

if using a collection
-- clear your collection
-- call setLastFocusedIndex(-1) in the ItemizedOverlay class
-- add the NEW pin overlay to your collection, providing the new coordinates

if using a single reference
-- call setLastFocusedIndex(-1) in the ItemizedOverlay class
-- to your reference, assign the NEW pin overlay.

Hope this is helpful, please let me know if this works out for you.

Good Luck!
-Nick
nicholas.hauschild
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby thetuxracer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:12 am

wow, that was totally new, but will read-up on it. i also had thought of something like that, to the effect that i will create an overlay dynamically, and use add(Overlay).

thanks for the reply, danke schoen.
thetuxracer
Developer
Developer

Return to Map Problems