Application doesn't receive gps updates for days...

Put problem concerning MapActivities, MapViews, Overlays and GPS in this forum.

Application doesn't receive gps updates for days...

Postby jfinnis » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:48 pm

I am working on a research project and am having problems with retrieving GPS location updates on the unlocked dev g1 phone. I have a mapactivity and a location listener which centers the map and performs some computation on the location, which I benchmark. This application works... sometimes. I'll be able to test and benchmark the app for a couple days, then the next couple days I won't receive a single location update. During one run of the app, I was able to see that i received about 800 location updates (out of a thousand), and then did not receive another until a few days later. Nothing appeared in logcat to explain why no more location updates were sent.

I do get this message each time I run the app, not sure what it means or if it is relevant.
11-21 12:17:02.776: ERROR/MapActivity(18930): Couldn't get connection factory client

I get that message no matter if the GPS works or does not work. Does anyone have any ideas? I've searched a little and seen people bring up API keys, but I'm pretty sure that isn't it as the app receives GPS updates half the time.
jfinnis
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Map Problems