We need more than collabotation!

Offer / request Android-related Jobs.
Search for a team or team-members.

We need more than collabotation!

Postby DFTGames » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 am

Hey guys,

I've been around this Indie Games world since 2009, trying to move into this amazing industry from my boring mortgage-paying day job (leading software R&D). I've been in the software industry for more than 30 years now, so I do have some experience, and I'm trying to take advantage of that to break in the games industry.

One thing I've learnt the hard way is that the "Indie Games Developers" are seen by engines producers and games publishers as a bunch of idealistic people to squeeze money from. Not really a nice picture, but this is exactly the real situation according to what I've seen till now. Even the different alleged Indie Games associations do that: they ask for money giving a bunch of nice nothingness back to you.

I'm honestly tired to be squeezed and really eager to break through this market, so here I come with an idea that can help us all. What I'm planning here is a real consortium, an organization "made by" Indies not just "made for" Indies. Our needs are quite straight forward, we basically need: a gaming server infrastructure, a serious and well tailored publishing platform, a marketing infrastructure and a strong asset exchange network. Am I wrong? I guess not, and I do know exactly how to make this happen. So, if enough people among the Indie community will positively answer to this call, I'm starting the very first and real "Independent Games Developers Consortium", starting it within Torque X CEV but expanding it to any engine and platform, so here I am posting on Anddev ;) This will be a legal entity established in the Republic of Ireland and all the members will have active part and revenues shares.

Declaration of support/adhesion are open right away (pino@dftgames.com), so let's see how this turns out ;)

Here a brief description of what it should be: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16749792/IGDC_First_Draft.pdf

Cheers,
Pino
DFTGames
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Jobs / Teams