We are the global leader in delivering free local, international and Internet radio. Our TuneIn applications serve as a consumer's first stop for finding and listening to live content from over 45,000 local, international and Internet stations on over 150 products. TuneIn makes it easy for listeners to access radio through websites, mobile devices, home entertainment centers, connected desktop products and even auto in-dash receivers.
TuneIn is a small, profitable, fast-growing and top venture-funded company with a team that's changing the radio landscape on an international scale. If you’re ready to have an impact on products affecting millions of users every day, then you'll love working with us. We're looking for creative, innovative, smart and passionate problem solvers to join our team. We're in downtown Palo Alto across from the Palo Alto Caltrain station.
The mobile software engineer will lead and execute a variety of projects to extend and enhance our flagship TuneIn Radio products. As a member of the mobile team, you will work directly with business owners to influence product direction, design compelling solutions and bring them to market. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Build mobile web, platform and applications for scale on the order of millions of users, and optimize code for numerous platforms.
- Create technical specifications and schedule estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
- Convert wireframes and/or high fidelity comps to simple, efficient and functional code.
- Maintain and improve existing mobile applications.
- Shape product strategy and direction by interacting directly with business owners and end users.
- Target users on multiple devices (mobile, desktop, TV) in multiple locales using the smallest possible code footprint.
- Review continuity within TuneIn mobile product ecosystem and build consistency.
- Recognize innovation opportunities unique to mobile and bring them to life.
- Break down and solve complex interaction and technical problems.
- Create reusable components and application development blueprints for partners.
- Contribute to development of mobile SDKs, which are used by thousands of partners worldwide.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one object-oriented application development language, such as Java, C/C++, etc.
- Experience developing for Android OS, BlackBerry and/or iOS is preferred.
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications.
- Track record of full life-cycle development responsibility.
- Clear communication and writing skills.
- Significant consumer application development experience, with emphasis on mobile technologies.
- Passion for quality.
- Practical perspective on software engineering discipline.
- Focused on learning and delivering.
- Experience with developing a successful mobile application that’s on the market today.
Please submit your application through our website at: http://tunein.com/careers?gnk=apply&gni=4028f88b2fc37e9a012fdff530e324d8&gns=anddev.org