Looking for experienced Android app developer(s)

Offer / request Android-related Jobs.
Search for a team or team-members.

Looking for experienced Android app developer(s)

Postby deeve007 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:21 am

We're a digital agency based in Sydney looking for one or more Android app developers for ongoing freelance/contract work. Can work remotely if need be, but most important is quality & reliability, and as such will require examples of your work currently in the Marketplace, along with references from other agencies and clients you have worked for.

Initial contact please email my personal address at dave69@gmail.com with relevant details, I will contact suitable applicants from my work email for follow up discussions.

Thanks,
Dave
deeve007
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Looking for experienced Android app developer(s)

Postby blundell » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Could we have a link to your work company website please. As you could just be an agency gathering names an numbers.
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby deeve007 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Apologies, but it's a little bit sensitive that we're needing to look for an external resource.

I'm responding to any suitable applicant that applies, however there does seem to be a trend (not just on this job board but others for past projects/disciplines) for respondents to not actually provide the information requested.

Cheers,
Dave
deeve007
Freshman
Freshman

Postby blundell » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:03 am

If your a 'digital agency' it shouldn't be senstive.

Therefore I smell a rat, and would warn other's not to share sensitive data with you as well.
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby morgen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes this looks very suspect. I think he's looking for free consultancy in the name of finding a developer.
morgen
Freshman
Freshman

Postby deeve007 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Well since you don't know the agency involved (or me) your view probably means very little. In the meantime those who have responded, I have either asked them about an immediate issue which we have now had sorted for us by a PAID android dev, and we will be contacting a few of them to quote on some projects we have.

Now if that sounds like "free" consultancy then I guess you won't be one of those who quote on any of our projects, which is completely fine, and completely your choice, but perhaps you could keep your uninformed opinions to yourself? You think this would be he first studio not wanting to put their name out there in the first instance?

Anyway, nice to know some of you are that swamped in work offers that you can afford to be so negative to a potential work offer. I'll be sure to value those that we do get to work for us, though a positive outlook rather than negative one would be one of the first characteristics I'll be looking for too.

And for those who have emailed, will be responding to all soon. As I said, I found someone to solve our immediate issue (and paid them for it), but now will be contacting 2 or 3 to quote on some projects for us. Oh, they will be paid projects too in case you were wondering.

Cheers.
deeve007
Freshman
Freshman

Postby deeve007 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Oh, and missed one stupid comment above: "sensitive" info? WTF am I going to ask for? I asked a couple of devs if they could help with an issue I described, gave them access to our source files, and one of them who said they could (and could demonstrate their experience via their portfolio and references) ended up helping out at a healthy hourly rate.

So to anyone reading this, you won't be asked for any info apart from demonstrating your previous work and potentially references, and anything at all that I'd ask of you would be paid, guaranteed.

(you'll know the studio name/details by then anyway)

And seriously, do you guys want new forum members that can offer work to android devs, or is this one of those forums where everyone "new" is vilified in the first instance rather than welcomed initially?
deeve007
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Jobs / Teams