The Mobile Platforms Group at Broadcom is looking for a few good embedded software engineers. The job description is below. This job is based out of Sunnyvale, California, USA (Silicon Valley):
Software Engineer - Android Phones
Job Description Help us design the next generation of Android phones using Broadcom's family of mobile multimedia processors and application processors.
We are looking for exceptionally smart software engineers who love working on embedded platforms and can get things done.
We are looking for people with different levels of experience -- the actual title of this job will be commensurate with your experience and skillset.
Responsibilities include working on:
- Linux kernel, device drivers and boot-loaders
- Multimedia frameworks
- Performance and power optimizations
- Real-time operating systems
- Validation and Bring-up of hardware
- Solid knowledge of the C language
- Solid understanding of algorithms and computer architecture
- Experience with writing embedded systems software
- Experience with linux kernel and device drivers
- Experience with power management and power optimization
- Familiarity with the ARM processor architecture
- Knowledge of multimedia APIs, such as Khronos APIs, gstreamer, V4L2, ALSA
You can read more about Broadcom at:
To apply to this particular job, visit: 11516BR: Software Engineer - Android Phones