I am currently looking for a Lead Android Developer for a role in London with a Music App Startup. Salary up to £70K + Package
Must be based in London and have the right to work in the UK
We're looking for a talented, highly motivated Android Application Developer with a solid software engineering background and a great deal of experience developing and delivering Android application(s), to grow and improve our next generation product.
● You will be part of the team building our next-gen framework for our entertainment application and potentially lead the development of partner offerings using the core framework.
● You will have direct responsibility over the client application development and performance; building a product that is in the hands of your friends and family; used passionately by users around the world.
● You will be developing at a fast-pace, focusing on continual integration and ensuring that the apps we deliver are well tested and delivering on the promise of delivering music at the right time and the right moment.
● Solve problems creatively and analytically and defend your position
● Designing and creating native Android applications
● Building Android applications that directly interact with RESTful APIs
● Confident in the Android platform and development cycle
● Develop features while including appropriate automated tests
● Write code that is highly cohesive and loosely coupled
● Argue for the best tool for a problem and be able to support it in debate
● Describe technical concepts to non-technical people
● Share knowledge actively and work in a team collaboratively
● Solid commercial experience around developing Android apps, ideally having published 2-3 for yourself or for your clients.
● 5+ years of Android application development
● Developing in at least one other Turing-complete programming language
● Adopts new languages and frameworks on a regular basis
● Frameworks using ORM and dependency injection
● Unit and functional tests (we use jUnit and Mocking libraries)
● Comfortable in modern distributed source code management systems (we use git)
● Continuous Integration tools and methodologies (we use Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins)
● Wisdom to choose when to use Object-oriented patterns, SOLID design principles and functional concepts, depending on the problem.
● Community involvement on GitHub, Stack Overflow, BitBucket or open source projects
● Successful applicants should either have degree level qualifications in a relevant subject or be able to demonstrate that they have acquired relevant skills and abilities through professional experience (academic experience not required)
Contact Me Through This Thread first or via a PM