How much would an android app cost?

Offer / request Android-related Jobs.
Search for a team or team-members.

How much would an android app cost?

Postby androidtapp » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:08 pm

I have been curious about this... Say you've been asked to develop an app that aggregates data from a website via XML. Small budget, two weeks dev time, graphics provided. What would be some "ball park" figures?
Android Tapp. Android App Reviews & Showcase Just a Tapp Away!
http://www.androidtapp.com
androidtapp
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How much would an android app cost?

Postby shareme » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:38 pm

The correct response is to ask that individual for a budget range and once budget range does not match actual 2 weeks dev time to drop that project

I probably got asked y the same indivudal as you and I have yet to respond as I do not give free project cost quotes..

androidtapp wrote:I have been curious about this... Say you've been asked to develop an app that aggregates data from a website via XML. Small budget, two weeks dev time, graphics provided. What would be some "ball park" figures?
shareme
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: How much would an android app cost?

Postby androidtapp » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:46 pm

shareme wrote:The correct response is to ask that individual for a budget range and once budget range does not match actual 2 weeks dev time to drop that project

I probably got asked y the same indivudal as you and I have yet to respond as I do not give free project cost quotes..

androidtapp wrote:I have been curious about this... Say you've been asked to develop an app that aggregates data from a website via XML. Small budget, two weeks dev time, graphics provided. What would be some "ball park" figures?

Shame such a snarky response. We would not work with any developer charging for a price quote anyway.
Android Tapp. Android App Reviews & Showcase Just a Tapp Away!
http://www.androidtapp.com
androidtapp
Freshman
Freshman

Postby metachris » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:47 am

probably a developer can do this in 2 weeks... depends strongly on the exact specifications. can you be a bit more specific about that?

anyway, you say 2 weeks: $ 70 an hour * 100 hours = $ 7.000,-- (should be max.)

i think you can find people that will do it for half, but i would be careful if someone offers everything for nothing -- there's a big risk that it leads to poor products and/or bad execution/communication/development of it (at least in my experience).
Last edited by metachris on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metachris
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby opencuda » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Do you want to aggregate data on an android device? Then you should better use SQLite to aggregate data. I think it is more cost efficient to use SQL than to code a xml parser.

The 2. question is: how to trancfere data from web server to device? Would you need a service for it on your mobile device?

You should give more exactly specifications for this project to estimate the costs and hours of work. Remember you would need time not only to code but also to test the app.

Do you know "extreme programming"? I would make a planning game.
"Beep, beep, beep ..."
(Sputnik, 1957)
opencuda
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Jobs / Teams