Graphic Designer / Game Developer looking for partner

Offer / request Android-related Jobs.
Search for a team or team-members.

Graphic Designer / Game Developer looking for partner

Postby crazygeniusjoe » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:46 am

I'm a graphic designer and part-time game developer with about 8 years of experience, I have a good deal of programming knowledge but Java/Android is not my strong suit. I'm not fluent enough in the language to create the game I'd like to. I have built a few similar games before for pc (simple 2d games).

The game I'd like to make would require quite a bit of work, and I won't be able to do it all myself.

What I'm offering, is to design and develop all of the graphics, backgrounds, sprites, icons, etc, and in return I need a programmer who can 'bring it to life'. I do have an understanding of programming, I'm just not that good at it.

It would be a simple 2d game, no advanced 3d animation, nothing too complicated. The subject matter of the game itself is 'taboo' (think "grand theft auto".. ), so I won't go into detail here. The game itself would be played in a manner similar to old 2d zelda games, where a character walks around rpg style and interacts with others. The combat will be run in a separate 'instance', in a manner like pong (except instead of paddles and balls, you're shooting and dodging bullets). I want to keep the game simple enough so that anyone can pick it up and jump right in, and also make it 'catchy' so it grows on you, like tetris or bejeweled.

I already have a 'mock up' working demo version made in a cheesy 'game maker' program, and it received good responses.

If we end up finishing it and selling it, we can split the proceeds 50/50. All I ask is that you be 'ok' with the idea of signing a non-disclosure agreement (I just don't want to give away a cool idea and have someone steal it). I'm sure we've all seen "Pirates of Silicon Valley" ;-)

I own and operate my own web design company, so we can copyright our work, etc. I also know how to market and sell products, which will come in handy should we decide to monetize our work.

If interested, send me a PM with your email address / phone number / or however you'd like to be contacted, and I'll be in touch.

I'm located in Rhode Island, United States. Tele-commuting is acceptable, but I'd prefer to work with someone local. I really am looking for a developer with quite a bit of skill, as this would be a very ambitious project.

Thanks for your time.
crazygeniusjoe
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Graphic Designer / Game Developer looking for partner

Postby Ausopenxcell » Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 am

We are master in Web design and development in many technologies and you want Graphic designer and game developers and also you want local partner. So we aren't able to become a partner of you. I hope you will get partner quick.
Ausopenxcell
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Jobs / Teams