Industry: Telecommunications and IT
Position: Software Designer
Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 to 10 years
MapleWorks is a Canadian source for experienced software development outsourcing services located in the Ottawa region. Our clients are companies that develop communications and converged media products and related applications for both the service provider and enterprise markets and are located in the United States.
At MapleWorks, we strive to employ only the ‘best of the best’. Our team is the most experienced communications and converged media product design workforce in the Ottawa area in a wide variety of platforms and technologies.
MapleWorks is currently looking for designers with good design skills and embedded development experience for SmartPhones using the Android OS.
- Strong design and development skills with the Android operating environment (i.e., OS, SDK, API, etc.)
- Linux Kernel and driver development
- Experience with the Android Application Frameworks and Libraries
- Excellent programming skills in Java and C/C++
- Native handset or embedded level experience with Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, iPhone, Symbian
- Mobile GUI design and application development
- Strong design and development skills with J2ME
Personal Soft Skills:
- Highly flexible and adaptable personality
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Self-starter who is able to learn new skills rapidly.
- Able to interact with customers and discuss their requirements and needs
- Able to participate and contribute to a dynamic team
Education and Experience:
- BSc or higher degree in EE/CS/CE or equivalent and 5+ years experience in application development, telecom, or IT is preferred.
If you have the required skills please send your resume to email@example.com
Human Resources at MapleWorks