Contact: Robert Turner 651.733.2687 firstname.lastname@example.org if you wouldlike to learn more!
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The Projection Group in 3M Mobile Interactive Solutions Division develops new projection technologies and products for handheld, office and education uses. The 3M Mobile Interactive Solutions Division is an exciting growth business, with an excellent brand and quality reputation. Our products have won several awards including the Grand Award for Best of What's New - Gadgets from Popular Science magazine in 2008. We continue to create technologies and designs to provide brighter, more capable projection solutions for all users. For more information, please see http://www.3mmpro.com.
3M Mobile Interactive Solutions Division is currently seeking an embedded systems engineer to support electronics and software design and testing of new mobile projectors. This position will manage hardware and software design integration solutions to improve performance and cost effectiveness including working with project managers and other laboratory and manufacturing team members. This position will work with Quality and Marketing groups to test reliability and overall system performance. Knowledge of consumer electronic technology trends is important. This position will be a key interface with component suppliers to identify appropriate solutions to meet the performance requirements.
This position involves global travel up to 25%.
• Demonstrated record of innovative hardware and software solutions creating new user experiences for mobile devices
• Knowledge of consumer electronic systems including both electronics hardware and software
• Resourceful and innovative approach to solving practical problems in design, build and test
• Highly motivated with strong focus on achieving objectives on time and within budget
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Media Technology, Physics or related field is required
• Minimum 5 years experience in designing and building mobile consumer electronics is required
• Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Media Technology, Computer Engineering, Physics or related field is preferred
• Experience with mobile electronics operating systems such as Android, WinCE or Windows 7 Mobile is preferred
• Experience with System on a Chip (SoC) architectures is preferred
• Experience with networking devices using WiFi, BlueTooth and Cellular Networks is preferred
• Demonstrated record of managing software development is preferred
• Experience working with hardware and software vendors and developers is preferred