Siine is one of the most exciting projects currently under development in the Web 3.0 and technological innovation space. With its core focus on communications interface design, the team at Siine has created a whole new paradigm for communication and text input on touchscreen devices. Siine is revolutionizing chat, and radically improving the messaging process for social, IM, gaming and business.
However, Siine goes beyond innovative new ways to type – its deeper semantic features liberate the user from the time consuming logistics of organizing activities, freeing you from controlling so many apps and devices by allowing them to react intelligently to your needs.
Siine’s revolutionary concept is the result of three years of structured research into Linguistics, Human Gesture and Group Communications, which started at Stanford University. Currently being incubated in Barcelona, Siine has a serious and talented team working from the full-featured prototypes to create launch ready beta products in Q4 2010.
You will be part of the team for building the frontend intelligence of Siine for our mobile related products. You will be working together with our designer and other frontend developers to create the Siine user interface. You will also collaborate with our backend engineering team on providing a secure and reliable client-server communication.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Android developer to join our young and talented team and are expecting from you to have the ability to deliver high quality results in a short amount of time.
- Strong experience in Android development (at least 1 year)
- Strong experience in Java development (at least 2 years)
- Experience with GUI development
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in English is required
- Working on-site in our office in Barcelona
Additional skills (not required, but a plus)
- Experience in building IMEs (Input Method Editors)
- Knowledge of client-server communication
- Interest in User Interface Design
- Interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Knowledge-based Systems
We are looking for people who are
- passionate about working in a bustling young start-up environment
- not only interested in making money, but creating something exceptional that people are actually gonna use and love
- keen on working hard and enjoy doing so
- positive and easy going, but value reasons over opinions.
- able to work independently, structured and self-organized
- curious, creative and pro-active
A plus would definitely be if you have significantly contributed to an open source project. If so, please feel free to share your achievements with us.
If you consider yourself the right person for the job please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you include all the information that you think is useful.
Please only apply if you consider yourself an Android expert. This is not a simple application, but rather an intensive project based on many years of academic research.