Nexus One

Nexus One

Postby platformisis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 pm

I don't own the device but I think the lack of an physical keyboard is just stupid because now the graphical keyboard obstructs the display. The trackball is ok for most apps but for certain games it might be a tad difficult to use. The touch screen of course can compensate for this with a virtual control pad. That's my thought on Google's Phone.
Platformisis
platformisis
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Nexus One

Postby martina » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 am

Hello,

I am searching for the best device for android development. From the review, I found Nexus One is the best.
Please let me know which one is the best device?

martina
martina
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby uaeHamed » Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 am

Did you check out NEXUS S? (its samsung)
uaeHamed
Freshman
Freshman

Postby makerona » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am

I ve decieded also on nexus s
makerona
Freshman
Freshman

Postby makerona » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:17 am

It is recommended to test also n a tablet
makerona
Freshman
Freshman

Postby sampath_sl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 am

platformisis wrote:I don't own the device but I think the lack of an physical keyboard is just stupid because now the graphical keyboard obstructs the display. The trackball is ok for most apps but for certain games it might be a tad difficult to use. The touch screen of course can compensate for this with a virtual control pad. That's my thought on Google's Phone.

I own a device, and While I agree with you on the keyboard, can't completely agree with you regarding the trackball. At first I also thought what good can the trackball be. Well, it turns out that it is really useful for applications, browsing and games as well. Not all games could be played using the trackball (especially if the games were designed exclusively for touchscreen).
sampath_sl
Developer
Developer

Postby sampath_sl » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 am

martina wrote:Hello,

I am searching for the best device for android development. From the review, I found Nexus One is the best.
Please let me know which one is the best device?

martina

I use a Google Nexus one. I think you can buy still buy it from Google if you are registered in the Android Marketplace. So far it proved to be a good testing platform for me. Since it has no customizations done to the OS (like the ones done by Samsung), I can test the compatibility easily. Plus I get the new OS updates much sooner than any other vendor customized version of Android.
sampath_sl
Developer
Developer

Postby Brynnae » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I want to buy a smart - phone and I am confused between Nexus S of Samsung or Nexus One and iPhone 4gs. Actually what is happening some features I like from Nexus S, some from One and some from iPhone. So I am bit confused. Please come up with your suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Brynnae on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learn more about Magento Development and services at www.spinxwebdesign.com/magento-development/
Brynnae
Developer
Developer

Postby jesicawillss » Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 am

sampath_sl wrote:
I use a Google Nexus one. I think you can buy still buy it from Google if you are registered in the Android Marketplace. So far it proved to be a good testing platform for me. Since it has no customizations done to the OS (like the ones done by Samsung), I can test the compatibility easily. Plus I get the new OS updates much sooner than any other vendor customized version of Android.

thanks sampath for information bcz so far i am also confuse to buy Nexus one or Samsung.
jesicawillss
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cbhattarai » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 am

After getting the One. I am waiting to get The Nexus 7..
cbhattarai
Developer
Developer

Return to HTC Devices