HTC One X Review

HTC One X Review

Postby Alice5201 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:52 pm

The HTC One X (codename HTC Edge and HTC Endeavor) is a quad-core smartphone designed by HTC. It runs Android 4.0 mobile operating system with an HTC Sense graphical user interface.

Buy HTC One X. The HTC One X was announced on the 26th February, 2012, at the Mobile World Congress. Currently HTC's flagship device, the One X comes with a Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core while a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 One S is also available in the One series line-up.

The HTC One X brings the best processor, an HD screen and a sublimely thin chassis as the Taiwanese firm looks to recreate the success of the original Desire.

Some of HTC’s changes work better than Google’s own design decisions. Tapping and holding on the homescreen opens up the widgets panel, a more common-sense placement than as an addendum to the app launcher. Up to nine homescreen panes can be live – shown in a scrolling bar across the top of the widgets organizer – with the various sizes of widget themselves underneath. You can either side-swipe to see each preview, or select from a drop-down list. Tabs along the bottom of the screen offer app icons and shortcuts, the latter for things like Direct Dial contacts, bookmarks, Gmail labels, Dropbox folders – the cloud storage service now being baked into HTC phones – and music playlists. A pinch-gesture shows all of the homescreen panes in thumbnails from the desktop.

The app menu itself is now split into three sections – all apps, those frequently accessed and those downloaded – with search and Play Shop shortcuts at the top. However you can also choose to remove and rearrange these tabs, though even if you get rid of all categories bar “all apps” the same number of icons are shown on-screen.

HTC has a number of new widgets, including radio apps – which require the headphones to be plugged in and act as the antenna – and a selection of useful calculators. They look great, though they’re all oversized: most of the widgets take up half or more of each homescreen pane, when even the calculators could be smaller and still usable.

The phone's 4.7-inch 720p Super LCD 2 display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. We first saw the Gorilla Glass 2 back at CES 2012, though the glass manufacturer did not reveal then which handsets will be featuring the technology. HTC also explained that the One X features optical lamination, a process through which the screen ends up laminated to the glass, resulting in better viewing angles. I found this to be true, and having the screen so close to the glass makes it appear brighter and more easily visible in direct sunlight.
Alice5201
Freshman
Freshman

Re: HTC One X Review

Postby loraempson » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Can you please tell me the battery timmings
loraempson
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby androiddev888 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello, I have HTC One X and I must say that battery isn't its strongest side. Even though I am a great fan of HTC, I must say that Samsung Galaxy SIII is much better in this respect. My Droid makes it up to one day but when I have WiFi turned on I charge it at least twice a day (it's usually in the morning and in the afternoon).
androiddev888
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby jerry112 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 am

Well, Smart phone hTC one x is great, if you are a mac user by happend.DVD to mp4 mac will be helpful for you to make DVD enjoyment on your htc smart phone. Good luck!
jerry112
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to HTC Devices