There’s a great television tradition of near misses with

Discussions about the Google TV platform. TV meets Web - Web meets TV.

There’s a great television tradition of near misses with

Postby Ever47 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm

There’s a great television tradition of near misses with firearms when main characters are Dexter Season 7 Episode 7 at risk, and this week’s episode of “The Walking Dead” presents a “just grazed him!” scenario to top them all.

It’s a good setup: Daryl, in full backcountry James Bond mode on the search for a Watch Skyfall Online missing girl, drags himself back to Herschel’s farm after being thrown from his horse and badly injured. He looks and walks just like a zombie. And in his 90210 Season 5 Episode 5 wounded ordeal – a river scene like something out of “Deliverance” — the audience sees Daryl tormented by paranoid hallucinations and dangerous thoughts about Rick Grimes. (Yes, the paranoia comes in the form of his presumably deceased How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Episode 6 brother Merle, an awful racist.) So Daryl looks convincingly zombie-like when he stumbles onto the farm. Andrea, the gun-crazy convoy survivor on duty as an armed lookout, levels her rifle and appears to snipe the Gossip Girl Season 6 Episode 5 shambling, bleeding Daryl in the head at a huge distance. But no! It just grazed him, what a relief.

Dexter Season 7 Episode 7 For the purposes of the plot, the more important development during Daryl’s non-assassination is something Rick yells just before Andrea fires: “Herschel wants to Watch Skyfall Online handle all the walkers.” That’s right, the farm patriarch wants to deal with zombies himself – and it’s clear, if you hadn’t picked up the hints, that the farmer practices an extreme non-violence. Killing zombies is not Herschel’s way, even in a The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 1 zombie apocalypse.

If you don’t kill zombies, you need a safe place to keep them. For the Greene family, that The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 2 place is the very same barn put off limits to the convoy survivors in the last episode. We find out the secret when Glen unwittingly arranges a barn-loft tryst with farmer’s daughter Maggie, his end-of-the-world The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 3 friend with benefits.

This discovery opens interesting moral disagreements between the convoy people and the God-fearing, zombie-keeping Greenes – and the axis turns on righteous violence, the The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 4 constant concern of old cowboy movies. Naturally, the convoy crew will object that holding zombies in a barn is unsafe. But as viewers who have seen crazy graphic violence against zombies, it seems disgusting to keep zombies The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 5 alive like undead cattle. It’s hard to even see it as compassionate for the zombies – if my body went zombie, I sure hope someone ends “me” rather than going into a barn.
Ever47
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Google TV