Your development experiences

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

How would you rate the current preview SDK?

Grade A (Best)
8%
Grade B
28%
Grade C
39%
Grade D
19%
Grade E
5%
Grade F (Worst)
3%

Total votes : 80

Documentation

Postby PanaceaSupplies » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 pm

As many have said, the tutorials are not that great.

For example, one of the earliest Android tutorials after "What is Android?" is "Application Fundamentals".

It has a sub-section called "Application Components" which introduces Activities, Services, Content Providers and Broadcast Receivers. Now, I released my first app in May of this year, have released two more since, and have been writing some other apps as well, yet to be released. The only one of these components I have used thus far is the Activity component. The developer's guide just gives too much information about these components too early.

Also, look at say the page in the Dev Guide on activities, in the "Starting an Activity" section. Think back to when you had little idea what an Activity was, and no idea what an Intent was. It is just not written that clearly - it's not something written for someone trying to learn Android.
PanaceaSupplies
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Your development experiences

Postby Daniel Jones » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 am

My experience up till now with Android is good, as such I don't have any complain about the SDK. But once I was with my friend, he was working on a Windows app and I pretty liked their frameworks' interface. Android does not provide that attractive interface, thats it. :D
I am Daniel Jones, I have worked on Java and HTML5 Android application development language. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, BlackBerry, Android and other mobile platforms.
Daniel Jones
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Previous

Return to General