Wisync on nexus one & does wisync stop all apps using ap

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Wisync on nexus one & does wisync stop all apps using ap

Postby HamishC » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Apologies for the noobish question. For what it's worth I've looked over the documentation pretty hard and haven't been able to find a confirmation for this.

Does the free version of wisync stop ALL applications from using data when wifi is off? I see there are extra settings for gmail, calendar etc and while I assume wisync would stop everything from using my apn but I just want to be totally sure it's stopping other applications such as the google news app from using data in the background.

Incidentally, does anyone know of any applications that keep track of data usage per-application? I'm quite keen to track which android apps are using the most data...
Last edited by HamishC on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HamishC
Freshman
Freshman

Postby HamishC » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:02 am

Incidentally, is there any way to confirm that wisync is functioning correctly? I've got two other separate apps keeping track of data usage and my nexus one transmitted and received data over my edge connection today even though wifi was off the whole time.

Other than google news (which I've since disabled) I can't imagine any of the other default applications on the nexus one that would be using data?
HamishC
Freshman
Freshman

Postby HamishC » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

As much as I hate replying to my own threads... Lol. Does anyone know whether the dev(s) for wisync is planning to make this application work on the nexus one? It appears as though it isn't working on the nexus at this stage.
HamishC
Freshman
Freshman

Return to General