What is displayed when the G1 Phone is locked?

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

What is displayed when the G1 Phone is locked?

Postby ppcinfo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:03 am

I'm curious... what is displayed and visible when the phone screen is locked? Is it simply a black screen with the small window that shows the time and charging state?

If a new email comes in or if there's an appointment reminder notification, do they appear somewhere on the screen if the screen is locked?

Thanks.
ppcinfo
ppcinfo
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby blueshirt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:50 pm

There is a black background with notification/status bar is played at the top and a small box near the bottom containing the name of the network provider, time/date, and charge state.

Notification icons appear at the top when the phone is locked.
blueshirt
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ppcinfo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks. What about alarmed events (e.g., calendar appts)... do they pop up or appear when the screen is locked?

I ask this, because on my Moto-Q phone (Windows Mobile) I can "lock" the device so that it will ignore any button presses, but it still shows the home screen with such information. It seems that with the G1 phone, when you lock the screen all you get is a black screen with the notification title bar visible.

Is there a way to "lock" the device similar to the Moto-Q (where it just ignores button and screen presses)?

Thanks.

ppcinfo
ppcinfo
ppcinfo
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General