To all who have made a app for the market !

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

To all who have made a app for the market !

Postby ff1061 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 am

Hey guys, i've just wanted to know about your opinion on the people who are downloading your apps. I've made a little game and it's been out for almost 3 weeks and I've got an incredibly stupid comment :(

This is the app I'm talking about : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ff1061.AntInvasionLite&feature=more_from_developer

The game consist in killing ants that you see on the screen, by touching them and even using special attacks, but it seems that some people are not okay with that....

Actually, it's in french but I can translate it for you : " Lol I would never let my 18 months old son play the game because I don't want to show him that it's funny to kill bugs" 1/5 star

Did you ever received stupid comments like these, I mean, they are even not constructive. It's like saying Fruit Ninja is a bad game because you're playing with food... come on !
ff1061
Freshman
Freshman

Re: To all who have made a app for the market !

Postby mitutitu » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:34 am

Hi ff1061,
Don't worry about this. The truth is that you can't make all the people happy. It is not possible. It is by nature. But one thing you can do at least, give your highest effort to do best. And of course, I have got bad reviews. I don't treat them as bad reviews, instead I treat them as user feedback and how they feel about my app and try to do better from that point.

So, try to learn what users want and what kind of problem they face to use your apps.

Cheers. :)
Android is awesome!
mitutitu
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby James Andrew » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes, nicely said by "mitutitu". You don't need to worry about these type of comments. May be this could be came from your competitors too. Always accept customer feedback and implement them in your next version.

Also, just try to promote your app by getting some positive reviews from app review sites. This will create some positive reputation about your app which in-turn will bring you some downloads.
James Andrew
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby ff1061 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Of course I know that comments are great feedbacks. Actually, I've talked about my game on some forums and some people gave me their feedbacks about the games and I've included what was missing in the updates. I just have some difficulty in finding the previous comment constructive :P

@James Andrew, do you know some websites that are good for reviewing any app, free or paid ?
I've submitted my request for a review on askyourandroid.com because of your link but do you more websites ?
ff1061
Freshman
Freshman

Postby James Andrew » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:34 am

ff1061 wrote:@James Andrew, do you know some websites that are good for reviewing any app, free or paid ?
I've submitted my request for a review on askyourandroid.com because of your link but do you more websites ?

You will receive the response regarding your request shortly. You can find many android app review sites via search engines. Just checked out there using this type of query "android app review website"
James Andrew
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby ff1061 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Alright, thanks !

Anyway, let's keep talking about the subject, do you have some crispy comments on your apps or just funny ones that you would like to share :) ?
ff1061
Freshman
Freshman

Postby thenewday007 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 am

I like this forum.By the way,I am a newer here.

buy aion kinah | buy wow gold eu | wow gold for sale
thenewday007
Freshman
Freshman

Postby nichetech » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 am

mitutitu wrote:Hi ff1061,
Don't worry about this. The truth is that you can't make all the people happy. It is not possible. It is by nature. But one thing you can do at least, give your highest effort to do best. And of course, I have got bad reviews. I don't treat them as bad reviews, instead I treat them as user feedback and how they feel about my app and try to do better from that point.

So, try to learn what users want and what kind of problem they face to use your apps.

Cheers. :)

I completely agree. Concentrate on the apps loopholes instead of foolish review. If there is any major problem in your application then the comment will be done by some genuine person.
nichetech
Freshman
Freshman

Postby eswari » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:16 pm

yes.. We have to concentrate on doing the best apps loopholes.
eswari
Developer
Developer

Return to General