Subscription Billing - Need clarification ASAP!

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Subscription Billing - Need clarification ASAP!

Postby Maximilian » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Hey Everyone

I have this problem. I want our app to be a free download in the Android Marketplace.

It's an expense tracking app, but we also do Receipt Reading that users must purchase credits subscription service.

My question is this: If we're selling our subscription for our app, does that subscription HAVE to be sold through the Android Marketplace? Or can we continue selling our subscription through PayPal and Google Checkout as we do for our BlackBerry, iPhone and WinMo apps?

This issue is delaying the app from being released on the store, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Max
Maximilian
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Maximilian » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 pm

http://market.android.com/support/bin/a ... wer=140504
This link says "Currently, Android Market doesn't support subscription billing. Please note that collecting payments through your application is not allowed under the Android Market Developer Distribution Agreement."

Does that mean if my app leads people to a website to purchase subscriptions I wouldn't be violating the Dev Dist Agreement?
Maximilian
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Maximilian » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone have this issue? This seems to be a complicated issue that nobody can provide a clear answer.
Maximilian
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General