I have the following basic questions, please somebpdy reply and help me:
[align=justify]1. How to simulate outgoing call and a message? Please give explanations for both.
2. How can a device be identified if it has to communicate with another device across network? If it is uding the
phone number, how do we simulate a communication with another device across the network? Can somebody
in this forum provide details of their device, so that I can test my app across network.
3. I am working from home, having only dialup Internet access to test any network functionality. Is it advisable
to just test my apps using simulations for incoming calls/messages and not test it over actual network before
submitting for the contest?
4. I have been had a system crash and installed Vista OS. So my system speakers aren't recognized. But even
when I had a stable system few days back (Windows XP), I could not test any ringer functionality. Ringer
works for incoming calls only, right?
5. Is Android workable with Windows Vista?
6. Is Android only a device platform or can servers also use it?
7. Can somebody explain how SMS works in actual mobile world (how the messages are identified, how they are
processed, where they are sent to and how they reach actual destination). How are they able to carry
something like a ringtone also as a message? So how are messages represented? How is it different from
transmission of voice signals?
8. How does messaging work in Android world?
9. Is Speech Recognition not available in latest release? Does it mean Speech to Text conversion can't be done?[/align]
Thanks and regards,