simple falling star

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

simple falling star

Postby madkins » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Hello.

I am not really looking for a tutorial, just a little hint/help on creating my first game. I have read a ton of documentation on creating games and have taken the time to look at the cool snake game that is available. Anyway, if someone could provide some sort of code showing me how to make an image fall from the top of the screen. I was thinking of making a simple star fall.. Maybe allowing the user to catch it. "Catch a falling star"!!! :-) How cool would that be for my first android game!!! I have started by taking some code from the snake app, like I said, it is a nice app. That was a good start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
madkins
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Pinio » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:45 pm

I think that you can take a look here - simple game template prepared by MrSnowflake. Read that thread - you can find useful things out there.
Pinio
Freshman
Freshman

Postby madkins » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:49 am

MrSnowFlake, you sir, are the man. Thank you for your contribution. Very awesome...

Pinio, thank you for directing me that way.

That is a great start, if anyone could help me out on the falling objects, that would be so awesome.

Thanks.
madkins
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:49 am

You are very much welcome. I'm very happy my simple tutorial/example/template helps so much people!

Do note that, as I said in the last post of that thread, I am working on a new and much improved version of the example.
MrSnowflake

Return to General