(Remote) Management Android Phone

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

(Remote) Management Android Phone

Postby sikej » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:43 am

Hi all,

my company is using Android and we are interested in managing these phones, preferably remotely.

Is it possible to: (it would be great to do it automatically on X devices)
- wipe the phone remotely
- install/uninstall applications remotely
- update applications remotely
- lock down the android OS, so that no settings can be changed/no new applications can be installed (very important)

It would be great if someone could give pointers into apps that already accomplish that or on how the develop this myself. So far, what I have seen is how the develop apps, but not how to lock down the device.

Thanks,
Christian
sikej
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: (Remote) Management Android Phone

Postby abhijitphatak28 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 am

As the purpose defined, you need to manage these phones. Now one thing you can do here is to connect those phones to a desktop and view device screen on your PC. Now you can use RDA to connect to that desktop machine and you will have your device in front of you.

I have done lot of R&D to install/uninstall apps remotly (by another application running on device) but did not find a solution. Please let me know if you could able to manage that.

Thanks

Regards
-Abhijit
abhijitphatak28
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: (Remote) Management Android Phone

Postby pfeifera » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi sikej,
i am in the same situation like you. Our company is rolling out round about 20 Android Mobile Devices (HTC) in next weeks.

Now i´m also searching for an administration/confiugration software, like you. How did you solve this problem or is it still existing? I asked for some software directly HTC but they didn´t have anything.

It would be great if you can give me som impressions to fix this problem.

best regards

andreas
pfeifera
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to General