Releasing Daily Builds On The Market?

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Releasing Daily Builds On The Market?

Postby nickallain » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:37 pm

I've been doing an experiment over at BrainboxLabs.com where I develop an Adobe Air For Android app with community input almost every step of the way.

I thought it might be a fun way to engage with the community and get their input on things like bugs, balance, etc but if it's something that's typically not kosher, I'll hold back and just upload the daily to the website.

I'm curious, are there any downsides or repercussions I should watch out for by releasing daily/bi-daily builds on the android market?
nickallain
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Releasing Daily Builds On The Market?

Postby Schermvlieger » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Primarily the problems with the market itself: There have been many users who have experienced problems with downloading apps/updates from the Android Market. sometimes a download got "stuck" and they were not able to download anything anymore. If you have the possibility of distributing your package via an alternative means, that may be something to consider.

By the way I like your idea!
Schermvlieger
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Releasing Daily Builds On The Market?

Postby nickallain » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks Schermvlieger.
I totally forgot about stuck downloads. Perhaps I could limit my updates to one per week on the market and more frequently through the website.
nickallain
Freshman
Freshman

Return to General