Project Ideas ?

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Project Ideas ?

Postby shefo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:32 am

hi all,
I am new at android and mobile development , I have been admiring it for fairly long time but neither had the chance or the guts to get going in it.

now finally a chance in our school to take it as an excuse to start learning android development.

In our Software Engineering course, the teacher asked us to make a project on any platform using any language and any idea to apply the concepts of software engineering, like writing an SRS document , and using UML and OO design in our project.

Me and my team decided to make it a mobile app for many reasons, most important is that no one will decide to make it. So it's a unique chance to get bonus :D

The problem we had is that no one of us has made any mobile application before , so we are not familiar with the kind of apps suitable for mobiles and also can apply SW engineering concepts.

So far we came up with:
1- scientific calculator (fairly straight implementation with no design, classes, uml ....etc )
2- curve sketcher (very naive implementation also)
3- Circuit analyzer (class resistance , class capacitor, class coil.... !! )
4- State space model solver (alot of algorithms and maths goes in there)
5- float chart creator (any ideas how to get drawings going ? )

can you please tell me what do you prefer that can fairly satisfy the SW engineering POV and also be usable on an andorid phone ?
and please, please , tell me your other ideas
shefo
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Project Ideas ?

Postby jp_ksj » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 am

Hi Guys,

I think in your list 1 and 5 are already in-build functionality in Android. U cant do better that that. 2 and 4 are mostly involved maths concepts.

So my opinion is u can go 3 is a better one. This also will help to future students.

Thanks,
JP
jp_ksj
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby shefo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 am

jp_ksj wrote:Hi Guys,

I think in your list 1 and 5 are already in-build functionality in Android. U cant do better that that. 2 and 4 are mostly involved maths concepts.

So my opinion is u can go 3 is a better one. This also will help to future students.

Thanks,
JP

But we are afraid of the android display to be not comfortable for implementation like this , that's the problem.
Do you have any ideas other than these 5 ?
shefo
Freshman
Freshman

Postby shefo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:38 pm

We just had a meeting an hour ago , and we settled on number 3 :)
but we'll extend it a bit to have both analog and digital circuitry , thank you for your help
shefo
Freshman
Freshman

Postby jp_ksj » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:08 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for late reply. I was little bit busy with work. Be relax guys, My suggestion is, please design UI all related to Android in build components. It also has some excellent functionality. Dont custom other technology components in to Android.

Best of luck.

Thanks,
JP
jp_ksj
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby rmr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:15 pm

shefo wrote:We just had a meeting an hour ago , and we settled on number 3 :)
but we'll extend it a bit to have both analog and digital circuitry , thank you for your help

Cool- would you post it once it is done? I was looking for something like this.

-------------------------------------
Nexus S Rocks
rmr
Freshman
Freshman

Return to General