Find MTS files on Panasonic HDC-SD900:
After connecting the Panasonic HDC-SD900 to the mac mini, the HD cam is shown as an external drive. Double click on BDMV folder and continuing clicking Stream folder. You will find the AVCHD MTS HD recorded videos or footages. See the following picture and it shows the whole structure clearly.
Play MTS recording video with VLC player on Mac:
My first thought is to find an easy media player to support MTS playback. VLC player comes to my mind. This software can indeed be compatible with MTS very well. But still problems: One is the video clips are separated and not a whole one. When a clip is over, a black screen appear for a second and then next clip. It is annoying. Moreover, I do not know it is the problem for VLC player or my Mac mini, the video is not smooth and always pauses. Probably my mac has no the enough power. After all, AVCHD 1080P files are very large. To handle it, powerful space and power are needed. So I think I should find other ways to play these footages.
Convert Panasonic HDC-SD900 1080P MTS to MOV:
Mac computer is compatible with MOV quite well. Another solution I know is to convert HDC-SD900 HD cam files to H.264 MOV for playback with Quicktime player on mac. Spending much time on google search, finally I focused on Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac as best HDC-SD900 AVCDH video converter.
Why is Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac best for me?
- Easy and simple interface. Three or four clicks make the conversion task done. My favorite thing.
- Own the merging function. It can join all my MTS video clips to a single one. Thus I can enjoy the whole video without any glitch and pause. No annoying thing.
- This software can work well for 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard. My mac mini is 10.4 OS. Now few tools can support 10.4 Tiger system.
- Click Add to import 1080P Panasonic HDC-SD900 videos to the program.
- Select H.264 MOV in Common Video of Format box for Quicktime player.
- Click Convert button to start converting HDC-SD900 1080P videos to H.264 MOV.
Wonderful Software, DTS to AC3