I am very newbie in Android but experienced in J2ME and J2SE. I have probably a stupid question, but its so basic and I nowhere found an exact answer to it...
1) The question is - what is the exact meaning of the manifest's 'package' attribute in AndroidManifest.xml
It is the general question but also I would like to know some particulars.. :
2) What will happen if two applications have the same activity names in the same package?
3) What will happen if two applications have different activity names in the same package (but maybe use same classes)?
4) May I keep manifest package empty and have an activity in default Java package ?
5) Is it right: all classes of every simple Android application (game) MUST reside in single package? What will happen if I export activity a.b.c.MyGame and all other classes in another packages, in the Java default package in particular?
6) What is the recommended approach to handle program versioning on Android?