New to Android

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

New to Android

Postby aatifaqua » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:28 am

Hello everbody!

I am having a project for health management system which will be open source and m doing it for a good cause. Since i am totally new to android, i need some help from you people to create the application cause i am having only 2 months to create it.

So basically the app wil be having a connectivity with a website which will be handled by the doctors. Each doctor will give the app to the patients. The patients will receive medicine alerts and they will report whatever they had in breakfast lunch and dinner and accordingly the doctor will reply to the patient for the medicine and any other suggestions. So the app will have a database to store all the stuff and an alert which will be kind of reminder for the patient to take medicine,etc.

So i am having the following modules for android app:
Login Module
Connectivity with the website
Database
Remider Alert
Email (Both incoming and outgoing directly from app to website which can be through gmail)

So i need help from you guys. I want to learn the language asap. I have started the basics but i need to learn it even faster so need help in that. And if anybody can help me with any of the module then that will be helpfull to me :) . And i am googling and searching through this forum and getting help from all the places too but still need a boost from you people.

Thanks for reading such a big post and helping :)
Any kind of help/suggestion would be appreciated :)
aatifaqua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: New to Android

Postby aatifaqua » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 am

And yea, I have no idea that how can i submit the reminder alert to the phones reminder. Because my app will not be running all the time so how can it provide alert even if it is not running???
aatifaqua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby jp_ksj » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 am

use receiver and notification.

Thanks,
JP
jp_ksj
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby aatifaqua » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Thank you for your reply :)
i was waiting for replies since so many days...

does the notification will alert the user like the alarm with a ringtone or something like that?
because the user will b unknow until he takes out and uses his phone if there is no alert
aatifaqua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby TuxBobble » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:48 pm

aatifaqua wrote:And yea, I have no idea that how can i submit the reminder alert to the phones reminder. Because my app will not be running all the time so how can it provide alert even if it is not running???

2 months is not a very long time to work on an app used in this capacity, to be quite honest. I will point out for "alert" you will wind up using PendingIntents and the AlarmManager, most likely.

Essentially you use a PendingIntent with the AlarmManager to set an "alarm clock" like you already have on an Android phone, but the "alarm clock" doesn't have to ring in this case. It can do whatever you want it to do (that Android is capable of)

It's very difficult to offer advice without more already built or at least designed properly, so I'm afraid to say I can't offer too much help beyond that. It's a relatively complex app you're trying to build in a short time span, considering that you should take a good amount of time to test and debug any app, especially one that has connectivity to another machine. Good luck to you, though.
TuxBobble
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby aatifaqua » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:54 pm

First of all Thanx for your reply :)
I will use the PendingIntents as u adviced
As far as time constraint concern, i have to present the software in feb or march so i need to create atleast the basic part and i can do the other modifications later on too. Any suggestion or advice is always welcome :)
aatifaqua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby aatifaqua » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Is there any way to connect to an online database and access information from it
so that my data transfer would be faster and simpler
and what technology should i use to create website which will suit android transaction??
aatifaqua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby aatifaqua » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 pm

111 vies and no reply :(
plz somebody help me :(
aatifaqua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General