NetDragon Websoft Inc

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

NetDragon Websoft Inc

Postby tbruyelle » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 am

Hi all

Since I upload my first app in the android market, a chinese company named NetDragon contacted me about localizing my app in chinese freely.
They need my strings.xml, they will make the chinese version, then return it to me. After they want the APK file because they seem to use an alternate android market for chinese, so they need all my app to deploy it on their website www.nd.com.cn

Did someone have exp with them ?
WDYT ?

Thanks
Tom
tbruyelle
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby mrosseel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 am

I've been contacted as well, haven't done business with them.
Hope someone can enlighten us !

Mike
mrosseel
Developer
Developer

Postby Derek5432 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Yep, I dealt with them, but I'm not sure it was a productive use of my time. A rep from their company contacted me about localizing my pet database app PetBook. They only wanted free versions, so I worked with them on a localized version of my demo, which doesn't save information between sessions. They were nice and responsive, and the process was fine.

But I searched around for more info while dealing with them, and found this thread, which deals with a website called www.91android.com, and the person in that thread was contacted from the same email address as the person I dealt with from NetDragon.

http://www.mail-archive.com/android-dis ... 08101.html

So I asked the NetDragon rep about this, and he said that yes it happened, but it was with a previous company and he was no longer doing this sort of thing. Anyway, I quickly wrapped up with them and sent them the .apk for the localized demo version per our agreement.

In the interim, I've gotten several emails from other reps at NetDragon asking to localize some of my other apps (at the very least they don't seem to communicate internally very well).

The agreement I signed allows for me to use the translation in paid versions of my app, so if you want a localized Chinese version of your app, it's probably fine to work with them. If you have them translate a free demo, it's relatively low-risk.
Derek5432
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby tbruyelle » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Thank you Derek for your smart response.
My first app is very simple and free, I think I will let them translate it.
tbruyelle
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General