Need help with downloading application from android market

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Need help with downloading application from android market

Postby Maxim Kornilov » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Hello all.

I need to review T-Mobile "My account" application that are available only in US. Can anybody help me to download it from android market. I don't live in US and that's why I cannot download it (i haven't T-Mobile US SIM card). I tried to download it from Android market using my T-Mobile G1 phone and android simulator (i found the way how to install android market application to android simulator). But in both case "My account" application are not available to me (i can not find it using android market search option).

I will be very appreciated if somebody will download this application from android market and then copy .apk file of this application from the device.

Instruction how to copy .apk file from the device are followed (note: I wrote this instruction for simply user, so some steps can be ignored by power user that works with android SDK not at first time):

Requirements:
• Android SDK (Can be downloaded from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/1.1_r1/index.html ).
• Extract SDK to C:\SDKs folder.
• Verify that you extract it correct (The destination of the tools folder should be: C:\SDKs\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools ).

Steps to copy T-Mobile “My Account” application to PC disk:

• Install “My account” application via Android Market.

• Setup your system to detect your device.

o If you're have an 32-bit Windows, you need to install the 32-bit USB driver for adb. The USB driver is included in the SDK package. To install it, follow these steps: Connect your Android device via USB. When the Found New Hardware Wizard appears, you'll be asked if you'd like Windows Update to search for software. Select No, not this time and click Next. Select Install from a list or specified location and click Next. Select Search for the best driver in these locations. Browse to the usb_driver/x86 in the SDK package (<sdk>\usb_driver\x86). Click Finish. The system should install the driver files as necessary. Your machine may require a reboot.

o If you're have an 64-bit Windows Vista, you need to install the 64-bit USB driver for adb. The USB driver is included in the SDK package. To install it, follow these steps: Connect your Android device via USB. When the Found New Hardware Wizard appears, you'll be asked if you'd like Windows Update to search for software. Select No, not this time and click Next. Select Install from a list or specified location and click Next. Select Search for the best driver in these locations. Browse to the usb_driver/amd64 in the SDK package (<sdk>\usb_driver\amd64). Click Finish. The system should install the driver files as necessary. Your machine may require a reboot.

• You can verify that your device is connected by executing command in command prompt:
C:\SDKs\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools\adb devices
If connected, you'll see the device name listed as a "device."

• Determine name of the .apk package of the “My account” application.
Executes in command prompt:

C:\SDKs\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools\adb shell

and then:

ls system/app

List of the installed application should be shown. For example it can be like:
# ls system/app
ls system/app
Maps.apk
AlarmClock.apk

In this list should be present apk file with similar name as “My Account” application.

• Exit adb shell by entering “exit” command in command prompt window.

• Copy .apk file from the Android device to local disk D:\.

To copy file executes the following command in command prompt:

C:\SDKs\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools\adb pull system/app/<APPNAME>.apk D:\ <APPNAME>.apk

<APPNAME>.apk file will be copied to local disk D. Please, post this file here.

Thanks in advance.
Maxim Kornilov
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to General